Asthma is a chronic lung disease characterized by hyperresponsiveness of tracheobronchial smooth muscle to stimuli, resulting in narrowing and inflammation of air tubes, accompanied by increased secretion, swelling, and build-up of tissue fluid.
Symptoms include tight chest, wheezing, cough and may be a limitation of activity due to difficulty in breathing.
Approximately, 300 million people suffer from asthma in 2015 and the figures are mounting which is blamed on increased pollution and unhealthy lifestyles.
This has bloated the market to around USD 18.9 billion as of 2015 which is expected to reach USD 28.3 billion as of 2022, resulting in a CAGR of 5.94%.
The factors favoring the growth of the market are growing awareness of the benefits of modern drug therapy, a strong pipeline of anti-asthma drugs with some novel molecules, growth in patients due to increasing pollution, and great potential of biologics which is anticipated to dominate the future market, etc.
The constraining factors are loss of patents of leading brands, such as Advair and Symbicort, increasing fragmentation of markets, and generic penetration.
It is heartening to note that we anticipate that the growth factors will overwhelm the constraints and the market may take a strong growth due to the commercialization of the biologics segment.
Study Objectives Global anti-asthma drugs market:
- To provide country-level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective
- To provide country-level analysis of the market for segments by type (allergic (extrinsic) and non-allergic (intrinsic)), by trigger type (child-onset, adult-onset, exercise-induced, cough-induced, occupational, nocturnal, steroid-resistant), by therapy (reliever treatment and maintenance treatment), by drug class (Bronchodilators (beta-agonists, anticholinergics, xanthines), leukotriene antagonists, mast cell stabilizers, corticosteroids, monoclonal antibody) and by route of administration (oral, inhaled, intravenous, subcutaneous)
- To provide an overview of key players and their strategic profiling in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments globally.
- To provide detail analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next 7 years of the various segments and sub-segments of the global anti-asthma drugs market
- To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth
- To analyze the market based on various factors – price analysis, supply chain analysis, porters five force analysis, etc.
- To provide historically and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies and their countries – Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
Global anti-asthma drugs market, by Region 2015 & 2022 (USD million)
- Research and Development Laboratories
- Market Research and Consulting Service Providers
- Global anti-asthma drugs manufacturers
- Global anti-asthma drugs suppliers
Key Players for Global anti-asthma drugs market:
GlaxoSmithKline plc., Merck & Co., Inc., AstraZeneca plc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Novartis International AG, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Global anti-asthma drugs market has been segmented on the basis of by type, trigger, therapy, drug class and by route of administration.
Regional Analysis of Global anti-asthma drugs market:
Globally North America is the largest market for anti-asthma drugs. Europe is the second-largest market for anti-asthma drugs.
The developing region especially the Asia Pacific is accounting for major newer cases due to greater screening and better health care facilities distribution.
However, the developing regions market particularly the Asia Pacific will be the fastest growing and will be the key to the future.
The report for Global Anti-Asthma Drugs Market of Market Research Future comprises extensive primary research along with the detailed analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts, key opinion leaders to gain a deeper insight into the market and industry performance.
The report gives a clear picture of the current market scenario which includes historical and projected market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macroeconomic, and governing factors in the market.
The report provides detailed information and strategies of the top key players in the industry. The report also gives a broad study of the different market segments and regions.